PREVAIT: search by topics
Foreword by Michel PERRIN, author of this rubric.
The objective of the present PREVAIT (PREsence of Varices After operatIve Treatment) rubric is to help vascular specialists (medical and surgical) identifying publications dealing with PREVAIT.
In this view, a Medline and EMBASE research was made. The research was limited to articles that have been published between 1990 and 2016 in English, German and French languages using the keywords:
ASVAL; Barrier technique; CHIVA; Duplex ultrasonography; Endovascular surgical procedures;Laser; Long-term follow-up; Neovascularization; Radiofrequency; Randomized trial; Recurrent varicose veins; REVAS; Sapheno-femoral junction; Sapheno-popliteal junction; Saphenous stripping; Saphenous vein; Ultrasound guided foam sclerotherapy; Varicose vein recurrence; Varicose veins; Venous surgery.
Publications were then classified into eight topics. Some may belong to several topics.
• Topic I: Definition of PREVAIT and REVAS4 article(s) for this topic
• Topic II: Clinical status of PREVAIT patient10 article(s) for this topic
• Topic III: Investigations in PREVAIT patient58 article(s) for this topic
• Topic IV: Randomized controlled trials with a minimum of 2 year-follow up comparing PREVAIT rate after operative treatment for varicose veins56 article(s) for this topic
• Topic V: Case series with a minimum of 3 year-follow up reporting PREVAIT rate after operative treatment for varicose veins31 article(s) for this topic
• Topic VI: Risks factors for PREVAIT occurrence: technical or/and tactical mistakes, disease progression, associated venous anomalies, genetics74 article(s) for this topic
• Topic VII: Etiology and pathophysiology of PREVAIT after interventional treatment53 article(s) for this topic
• Topic VIII: Indications, techniques and results of treatment in PREVAIT patients56 article(s) for this topic